Show Mobile Navigation

Recent Posts

GANGLAND UK

NEWSWIRE 24 HOUR SELECTED NEWS MONITORING

Costa Bandidos

Download

Luxury

Friday 18 March 2011

, ,

Christopher Grady, 42, drove his children Gabrielle and Ryan into the River Avon in Evesham, Worcestershire, in February last year after arguing with their mother over access.

Reportage - 12:03

Christopher Grady, 42, drove his children Gabrielle and Ryan into the River Avon in Evesham, Worcestershire, in February last year after arguing with their mother over access.
Kim Smith, who had separated from Grady, told Sky News about the moment she knew her children's lives were in danger.
"He said: 'be outside, you've got ten seconds to say ta'ra to your kids'. That isn't nice hearing on the phone, I just went franctic, panic kicked in, I phoned the police, I was like a bit of a loon, I suppose, running around my house.
"I didn't know what was happening, I had to wait for it to be fed back to me from the police. It was a waiting game, and not a nice one."
It really hurts a lot knowing that they were terrified for their lives and I couldn't do anything
Mother Kim Smith
When Grady arrived at Miss Smith's home her attempts to rescue her children were futile.
"I jumped at the back door handle but couldn't open it, all the doors were locked. He just shouted 'river', all contorted face, it was horrible. When he shouted that and sped off I knew he was going to do it."
In court, Grady described a "catherine wheel" sound as his car "took off" and a "bang" as it hit the icy water "flat". He claimed it had been an accident and said he hadn't known there was a river there as he drove down a field.
Witnesses described seeing the children screaming for help and banging on the car windows.
As water poured through the sunroof, Grady asked Gabrielle, in the passenger seat, "What the f*** have I done?". Ryan, in the back, replied: "Something really bad dad".

0 comments:

Post a Comment